Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Zits

Lesson 1:
  1. Humility
    1. It's hard to be proud of your looks when you have zits all over you face.
Lesson 2:
2.     Self Confidence
a.      I learned to be confident in the fact that I was beautiful in God’s eyes.
Lesson 3:

3.     Patience and Trust
a.      I will wait for the Lord to do as He wills.
b.     I believe that if the Lord wants me to get married in the future He will make my skin clear or make my husband love me despite them.
c.      Maybe the reason teenagers have zits is that God wants them to wait till they are older to be in any kind of relationship.
Lesson 4:

4.     Commitment
a.      After going to the dermatologist, I got a lot of different skin creams to put on at 3 different times a day and pills to take 2 times a day.  They made my skin burn like crazy and peel constantly.  On top of that it made my skin look red and blotchy and it made my face burn more when I put cover-up on.
b.     It made me think of the commitment we make when we decide to convert and become Christians.  Although it may not be this gruesome it definitely won’t always be easy, but if we really want to make our goal we have to stick through it.
Lesson 5:
5.     My own lack of Control
a.     After a few days of using the lotions my skin burned so bad I couldn’t concentrate on anything else and I missed my old zit-cover skin and I realized that God doesn’t need my help in getting rid of my zits and He knows my desires and, if it serves His purpose, He will clear them. If it is not His will that my face is clear then I sincerely pray that I will have zits for the rest of my life.
Lesson 6:
6.     Gratitude
a.       I don’t know why God chose to teach me so much through my zits but I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment