Monday, October 12, 2015

Coworker


I look in her eyes and I know. She is reveling in it. The smallest detail like fluency in only one language, paperwork done different (in her opinion wrongly), even unfamiliarity of the area. Sometimes I despise her for it. For her condescending questions and stares of disbelief. Other times I despise myself when reality crashes in on all four sides and I have to listen to the humiliating taunt and know that she is right. And then there are moments like these. Moments when I am thinking the clearest of all. No emotions of anger, shame, embarrassment, despair, flooding my mind. I look at her and I know I am right. I see her ignorance behind her mask of superiority that so thinly covers her. How has she fooled so many? Am I the only one who knows? Ask her and you’ll see. Ask her and you’ll find any intelligent answer is quickly deflected into questions of disbelief of your own ignorance. Watch as her sword immediately comes up and lashes out at you to protect the weak foundation of knowledge that has long since been dated. Then as you withdraw don’t take your eyes off her. From lowered head, peer out the side of half closed eyes and see the sparkle of satisfaction shine in her eyes. Is this what she lives for? What a sad hollow existence. The happiness in her life has been so easily discovered and can so easily be controlled by me. Someone who is supposed to inferior in knowledge and wisdom by lack of age and experience. She may find joy in the battles she has one. Of making me the fool. But now I control her fate. She will win only the battles I allow her to. And I guarantee you. She will not win the war.

No comments:

Post a Comment