Sunday, January 27, 2013

Bloomington Invite

     Bloomington invite was so much fun!  I drove the van down with four other girls.  We got there at about twelve and divided off into work teams.  My group cooked some soup to give to some of the elderly people in the Bloomington church.  Then our group split into three smaller groups to actually deliver the soup.  I was the driver for my group because I had the van there.  We each got two different houses to deliver it to.  The first was a sweet old lady who lived by herself.  She invited us in and we chatted for awhile.  Then we drove to the next.  It was this couple who the wife had gone through a lot of medical issues.  The husband met us at the door.  He had a lot to say.  It was fun to listen to.  He talked about how him and his friends go golfing every Tuesday and he talked about how the Bloomington church was the "model AC church."
     Then we got back, had a speaker, ate supper, and divided into groups for group discussion.  The speaker was great.  I can't remember his name but it was a good message.  We had lasagna (anyone in my family would know why that makes me so happy).  The group discussion was fun.  Our group seemed a little quieter so I had the opportunity to share a little more and I tried my best to keep the conversation flowing.  After that we sang praise songs!  Janelle, Clayton, and I drove home in my van and we had some really good talks on the way home.  And that wrapped up a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment