Sunday, September 16, 2012

A Child's Prayer

     When I was little I used to pray to God that I would lose a limb or two in some kind of accident.   Not that I wanted to be handicapped but there are so many life changing stories about people who have lost limbs and glorified God through it.  I dreaded the pain and the loss of the ability to do fun things like snowboarding, football, and volley ball, but I wanted to serve God with everything I had.
     Now that I'm older I don't think that, that is God's plan for me any more.  Now I thank God daily that He gave me a healthy body capable of doing work.  God kept me whole so that He could use me.  I pray I can remember that I do not own myself but that I am God's.  I pray I can be a hard and willing worker for Him so that I can glorify Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment