Thursday, September 27, 2012

Sunday Service

     I know it is already Thursday but I wanted to post about second service on Sunday.  Wow!  I thought it was really good.  He talked about forgiveness and suffering and perspective.  He talked about the suffering in other countries and how, although it might be hard to understand why it's happening, we need to remember why sin first came into the world.  He talked about how we should keep a Godly perspective and remember that God has a purpose.  It made me think:  what if we were all suddenly put into the situation of living in a third world country with no idea where our next meal would come from.  What if we all had to build our own houses out of mud and make spears to protect ourselves?  Strange as it seems my first reaction to this was peace and joy.  I realized that I wouldn't have to worry about school or social obligations or committee stuff.  How wonderful that would be! 
     It really helped put things in perspective for me.  I realized how, in the long run, those things really are not important.  Thank you Lord!  Please help me to always put you first!

No comments:

Post a Comment