Thursday, September 27, 2012

     Lord why do I struggle so much with my attitude!  Some times I want to cry out in frustration at myself.  Why can't I be more like Jesus.  I struggle with not getting angry at my brother.  My first reaction toward him is to be selfish and un-sharing and unkind.  I struggle with loving people when it's not convenient.
     We have had some Romanians over since Friday.  They are staying for two weeks.  It's the pastor of the church we went to in Romania and his wife.  I feel uncomfortable spending time with them because of the language barrier, but he speaks excellent English!  We had them over on Sunday for supper along with my Aunt, my Grandma, my Dad, my Mom, Ryan and Steven, and me.  Mom, Ryan, Steven, and I were the only ones who didn't speak Hungarian there.  Everyone else spoke it as their first language.  So the majority of the conversation would be in Hungarian and I only know a few words.  There was volley ball at 5:30 that day.  Supper was supposed to start at 4:30 but they all came 30 minutes late.  This is typical for my Dad's side of the family but unheard of on my Mom's.  So by the time we had all sat down and finished the prayer it was time to leave for volley ball.  So I left right after the prayer without eating.  I hope I did not offend anyone.
     Lord why doesn't it come naturally to love them like it does with others?  How can you use me when I am so selfish?  I am so undeserving of your love but please don't give up on me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment