Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Insane or Not?


So there's this really cool race coming up on October 14. It's called the Tough Mudder and is the most insane/intense race ever. It's 10-12 miles long which I know I'm not up to running but this race is more about the obstacles. Its got 25 obstacles which include scaling a 12 foot wall (with the help of your teammates) running through dangling wires that shock you, jumping into a pool of water filled with ice, and so on.

It sounds insanely fun. Two problems though: (1) it's $150 plus gas, hotel, and food and (2) I would probably be the most out of shape person in our group and I don't want to ruin the trip for everyone else. I have been running inconsistently all summer but I really need to pick it up and it's less than a month away. I will have to do push ups so I can climb up this rope (one of the obstacles) and I will have to be able to run a lot farther than the 2 miles I have been doing every day. Plus it will be through mud so there will be the added weight caked on my shoes. So the last few days I have been running my 2 miles with 2.5 pound weights strapped to each ankle. The place I run is fairly hilly so that's good. I have been trying to do 25 push ups instead of 15 and I have added sit up to my routine. So I've been pretty sore but just trying to push through it. No pain no gain, right?

But I still really want to do it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment